Restoring a Domain Name's Zone File Records
If you make a mistake while updating your domain name's zone file records in the Zone File Editor, you can restore the default settings and start over. Restoring the default settings deletes any customized zone file records you've created and replaces them with our default zone file records.
NOTE: You can only restore CNAME (Alias) and MX (Mail Exchange) records.
To Restore a Domain Name's Zone File Records
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Launch.
- From the Tools menu, select DNS Manager. The DNS Dashboard displays.
- For the domain name you want to restore default settings for, click Edit Zone. The Zone File Editor displays.
- For the record type you want to restore default settings for, click Restore Defaults. The default records display.
- Click Save Zone File, and then click OK.
NOTE: If a default zone file record conflicts with one of your customized records, the Zone File Errors window displays and lets you know that the system did not restore that record. You must delete the existing record that causes the error and repeat the steps above to restore the default record instead.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?