Can I use Python 2.7.2 with my hosting account?
Our Deluxe, Premium, Unlimited, or Ultimate Linux hosting accounts support Python. For more information, see What type of hosting account do I have?
If your hosting account supports Python, you can use Python 2.7.2 by either:
- Referencing the path to our Python 2.7.2 installation:#!/usr/local/bin/python2.7
- Using the virtualenv module to create a virtual Python environment. This gives you greater control and flexibility, as well.
About Using the virtualenv Module
To use this feature, you must enable SSH. For more information, see Enabling SSH on Your Linux Shared Hosting Account.
For more information about using the virtualenv module, see Python's documentation.
Please note the following:
- You cannot use any modules that require a compiler within the virtual Python environment.
- We install mysql-python by default so you can make MySQL connections.
- You can use easy_install or pip to install modules you need. For more information, see Peak's easy_install documentation and Python's pip documentation.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?