Adding a Forum in Website Builder
NOTE: This article is for Website Builder version 6. Your version displays at the top of the screen when you log in to your Website Builder account. Not using version 6? Search for Website Builder version 7 articles.
With Website Builder, you can add a forum to your website to let visitors create discussions and post comments in discussion threads.
When you add a forum to your website, it counts toward the number of pages used in your Website Builder plan. For example, if your Website Builder plan includes 10 pages, when you add a forum to your site, you have 9 remaining pages to use when building your website.
To Add a Forum in Website Builder
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- If you are working in the Page Designer, click Exit Designer.
- From the Add-Ons menu, select Forum.
- In the Set Up Forum Domain page, select from the following:
- Create a new subdomain - Lets you set up your forum as a subdomain of your Website Builder domain name.
- Select an available domain from your account - Lets you select a different domain from your account.
- Enter a domain not registered here - Lets you enter a domain that is registered with another Registrar.
- In the User name field, enter a user name for your administrator login.
- In the Password and Confirm password fields, enter a password for your administrator login.
- In the First name and Last name fields, enter your first and last name.
- In the Email address field, enter your contact email address.
- Click Save.
- To launch your forum, from the Add-Ons menu, select Forum, and then click your forum's domain name.
NOTE: You can also type your forum's domain name into your browser, without first logging in to Website Builder.
- If you need to delete your forum to free up pages, from the Add-Ons menu, select Forum, and then click Delete Forum.
Your message was successfully sent.