Installing WordPress on Your Hosting Account
WordPress® is a personal publishing platform, or content management system, that you can use to set up a blog on your website.
To Install WordPress on Your Hosting Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Popular Apps menu, select WordPress.
- Click WordPress.
- Click Install Now!.
NOTE: The Install Now! button displays only when the selected value application is compatible with one of more hosting plans in your account.
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- If you don't have a Go Daddy Support profile, enter a display name, agree to the Support terms of service, and then click Next.
- Enter a database description and password, and then click Next.
- Choose an unused installation directory, and then click Next. For example, if you want your WordPress website to display when someone goes to yourdomainname.com/blog then blog is the installation directory.
If you want your WordPress website to display when someone goes directly to your domain name, remove any text from this field and leave it empty.
- Enter the Admin Name, Admin Password, Email and Blog Title for your WordPress installation.
- Click Finish.
WordPress will be installed to your hosting account with the options you selected within 24 hours. When it is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?