Customizing Your Website's Navigation with Website Builder v7
NOTE: This article is for Website Builder version 7. Your version displays at the top of the screen when you log in to your Website Builder account. Not using version 7? Search for Website Builder version 6 articles.
Website Builder v7 lets you customize how your website's navigation links display, including their style, orientation, and alignment.
To Customize Your Website's Navigation with Website Builder v7
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- If you aren't already there, click Control Panel, and then click Edit Site.
- Click in your website's navigation pane (avoid clicking on a specific link; that will take you to the specific page), and then select Settings.
NOTE: If your website does not have navigation links, from the design toolbar, drag and drop (the navigation icon) onto the design canvas.
- In the Options section:
- Select to display your navigation links in a Horizontal Menu or a Vertical Menu.
- From the Button Alignment menu, select how you want your navigation buttons to line up with the navigation area.
- From the Text Alignment menu, select how you want the text on your navigation buttons to line up within each button.
- Click Equal Width to enable or disable equal spacing on both sides of your navigation buttons.
- From the Theme menu, select the theme you want to use for your navigation.
- In the Font section, you can change the font style and size of the text in your navigation menu.
NOTE: Changing the font and size of the text in your navigation does not affect the font and size of the text in the submenus.
- Click the Color Swatch for the various elements of your site navigation (Text, Text Hover, Text Selected, Background, Background Hover, and Background Selected) to change the color. Click the color swatch next to each element, click the color you want to display for the selected element and state, and then click Select.
- To edit your site's navigation menu and its submenus (sometimes referred to as sub-navigation), click Edit Menu.
- To abandon your edits and revert to the default theme, click Revert to original.
To see your changes online, you must publish your website.
For more information about Website Builder v7, see Designing Pages with Website Builder v7.
Your message was successfully sent.