Creating New Files and Folders Using the File Manager
NOTE: Before you start, click here to see which version of the FTP File Manager is in your Control Panel. This help article applies to the New FTP File Manager. If you are using the Classic FTP File Manager, see Creating New Directories Using the FTP File Manager or Creating Files in Your Hosting Account Using the FTP File Manager.
Using the File Manager, you can create new files and folders.
To Create New Files and Folders Using the File Manager
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Tools section, click File Manager.
- Use the directory tree to navigate to where you want the file or directory to reside.
- Click the New button, and then select New file or New folder.
- Enter the new file or folder name you want to use.
- Click OK.
Using the Drag and Drop Feature in the File Manager
Restoring a Linux Hosting Account
Renaming Files or Folders Using the File Manager
Editing Website Content Using the File Manager
Performing Actions on Multiple Files or Folders in the FTP File Manager
Creating Symbolic Links with Linux Hosting Accounts