Editing Website Content Using the File Manager
NOTE: Before you start, click here to see which version of the FTP File Manager is in your Control Panel. This help article applies to the New FTP File Manager. If you are using the Classic FTP File Manager, see Editing Website Content Using the FTP File Manager
Our FTP File Manager lets you edit text-based files, such as HTML, PHP, and ASP files.
To Edit Website Content Using the File Manager
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- From the Files & FTP section, click File Manager.
- Check the box next to the file you would like to edit.
- Find the icon at the top that says Edit.
- Modify your file's content in the editing window.
NOTE: Click Show Design to edit the file in WYSIWYG mode.
- Click Save.
Your changes will display on your website momentarily.
If you want to create new files, see Creating New Files and Folders Using the File Manager.
Downloading Files Using the File Manager
Duplicating Files and Folders Using the File Manager
Moving Files and Folders Between Directories in the File Manager
Deleting Files or Folders Using the File Manager
Using the Drag and Drop Feature in the File Manager
Restoring a Linux Hosting Account