Renewing Your SSL Certificate
Renewing your SSL is a multiple-step process that varies depending on your certificate type and where you host your website. Even if your SSL auto-renewed, you must still apply the renewal credit and complete a renewal request through your account.
You can purchase and apply SSL renewals during a 90-day renewal window: 60 days prior to the expiration date through 30 days past the expiration date.
For example, if your certificate expires June 15, you must purchase and apply the renewal credit between April 15 and July 15.
After you purchase the renewal credit or your SSL auto-renews, you must apply the credit to your expiring SSL and complete the renewal request. If the SSL expires and you do not complete the renewal request within the 90-day renewal window, the previously-secured website will display an error message.
To Renew Your SSL Certificate
- Log into your Account Manager.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Do one of the following:
- To purchase a renewal credit, click Renew, and then click Checkout. Complete the transaction for your renewal, and then return to your list of common names.
- If the billing for your renewal already completed, skip to the next step.
- Click Launch for the certificate you want to renew.
- Click Request Certificate for the renewal credit you want to process.
NOTE: If you do not see the credit, refresh your list by clicking Update List in the grey bar.
- Complete and confirm the certificate renewal application.
NOTE: If you have a Premium Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificate, you might need to submit additional documents. We will contact you with more details if this is necessary.
After your renewed SSL certificate is issued, install it on your website:
- If you selected Web Hosting, Grid Hosting, Website Builder, Quick Shopping Cart or Dream Web Site when you requested your renewal, we automatically install your certificate.
- If you selected Third Party or Dedicated Server or Virtual Private Server (VPS) without Simple Control Panel, check your email from us for further information about installing the renewed certificate on your server. You must download and install both certificate files. See Installing an SSL: Server Instructions for installation instructions.
What is the difference between a Premium Extended Validation (EV) Certificate and a Deluxe SSL Certificate?
SSL Certificate Renewal - Apache 1.3 / 2.x
SSL Certificate Renewal - Parallels Plesk Panel
Generating a Certificate Signing Request
Information About Requiring the SHA-2 Hash Function
Where can I get information about my SSL's configruation?