Are there requirements to apply for a merchant account for a Web site?
The following requirements may have to be met to apply for a merchant account:
- Your website must be published to the Internet ("live").
DBA("doing business as" or business name) must be on your website.
- List your products and prices on your website.
- Provide your physical contact address on your website.
- Provide your return/refund policy on your website.
- Provide your shipping methods on your website.
- Provide your customer service contact phone number on your website.
- Your shopping cart must be working and secure (but not yet processing orders).
Additional requirements may be needed as determined by the merchant account provider, including a credit check and background check.
NOTE: Once the application is submitted, the merchant application fee is non-refundable. Make sure that all questions are addressed with the merchant provider prior to application submission.
What happens after I fill out the Merchant Account paperwork?
Can I apply for American Express and Discover cards with your merchant account?
Can I use your merchant accounts if I host my domain through a different company?
What do I do after I've purchased my merchant account?
Who can I call for help with my merchant account?
Do I need a business checking account to apply for a merchant account?
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?