Making Initial Bids or Offers on Domain Names
If you're a Go Daddy Auctions® member, you can bid on or submit offers for domain names.
Here's the difference between bidding and submitting offers:
- Bidding — You can submit a starting bid and specify the maximum amount you want to bid for a domain name. Beginning with $5 more than the current bid amount, our Proxy Bidding Service automatically increases your bid by $5 each time you're outbid until you reach your maximum bid amount.
- Submitting Offers — You can submit one offer amount per domain name. We notify the seller immediately. The seller has seven days to accept or counter your offer.
If you aren't a Go Daddy Auctions member, you must purchase a membership before you can place a bid or submit an offer. For more information, see Purchasing a Go Daddy Auctions Membership.
To Make Initial Bids or Offers on Domain Names
- Log in to Go Daddy Auctions.
- Enter a bid or offer in the text box for the domain name you want, and then click Continue to Review. The Review Domains window displays.
NOTE: The watermark in the text box displays the minimum amount you can bid or offer.
- Read and accept the legal agreements that display.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: If you receive an error message about an invalid or missing country code, you must select a Country on the Settings page before you can submit your bid or offer.
If you make an offer, the seller might push the domain name to 7-Day Public Auction using your offer as the opening bid. For more information, see What is Push to Auction?
If you win the auction by submitting the highest bid or the seller accepts your offer, you must submit payment promptly. Your purchase price won't exceed the maximum amount you bid plus the one-year renewal fee, if applicable. For more information, see Purchasing Domain Names You Won.
You can also place bids from your Watching list. For more information, see Using the Go Daddy Auctions Watching List.
For more information on counter offers, see Responding to Offers When Buying Domain Names.
Your message was successfully sent.
There was an error in sending your message, please try again.
Have a question about the content of this article?