How Do I Install Software on my Linux Dedicated Server?
Installing Software on Your Linux Server Using Yum or RPM
- Connect to your server via SSH (more info).
- Switch to the root user (more info).
- Run the following command to see if your software is available via yum.
[root]# yum info MySoftwareName
- If the result displays that the software is available, and you are happy with the version, run:
[root]# yum install MySoftwareName
- If the software is not available, you will have to find the RPM and copy it to your server. You can use scp to copy the file. Then, use RPM on your server to install the package.
[root]# cd dirWhereRPMResides
[root]# rpm -i MyRPMName
For more details on yum and rpm, see the man pages.
[root]# man yum
How Can I Access the Second Hard Drive of My Dedicated Server?
What can I install on my dedicated server?
Which control panels can I install on my server?
Can I communicate with Tomcat through port 8080?
Do you restrict what content I can keep on my server?
How to Install Nodejs on CentOS