Importing Data into a SQL Server Database
You can import data from a delimited file into your shared hosting account's SQL Server database. If the data you want to import resides in a database elsewhere, you must first export its contents into a delimited file.
NOTE: Prior to importing data into your shared hosting account, you must set up a SQL Server database, along with the necessary tables and fields, to house the data. For more information, see Setting up a SQL Server Database on Your Hosting Account.
To Import Data Into a SQL Server Database
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- In the Databases section of the Hosting Control Panel, click the SQL Server icon.
- Next to the database to which you are importing, click the Admin Tool icon.
- Enter the User Name and Password you used when setting up the database.
- In the Navigation panel, expand the Connection folder.
- Click Connect.
- Expand the Tools folder on the left and click CSV File Import.
- From the Database drop-down menu, choose the database in which to import your data, and then click Next Step.
- From the Table drop-down list, select the table into which the data will be imported, and then click Next Step.
- Select the database columns into which the data will be imported, and then click Next Step.
- Choose the CSV file to import and specify the file's characteristics.
NOTE: The max file upload size is 2.5 MB.
- Click Submit.
Importing SQL Server Database Objects
Installing or Uninstalling DSN for MS SQL Databases
Installing or Uninstalling ASP Schema from MS SQL Databases
Managing Your Hosting Account's Databases
Importing Data from MS Access to MS SQL
Removing Databases from Your Hosting Account