Using Our Email with Domains Hosted Elsewhere
To use our email when your domain name is hosted by another company, you must point your MX records to us. MX records are located in your DNS zone file and direct email messages that are sent to your domain name to your email provider. If your MX records do not point to your email provider, you cannot receive email.
Check your nameservers to find out where your DNS zone file is located and update your MX records using the information below. For more information, see Checking MX Records in the Workspace Control Center.
Your MX records display in the Email Control Center.
To Find Your MX Records
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Email.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click Tools, then click Server Settings. Select the domain you want to see MX records for.
Your MX records will display. Provide these MX records to your hosting provider to use our email. Your zone file can take up to 48 hours to reflect the change.
For information about checking your email, see How do I retrieve my email messages if I manage my DNS elsewhere?
Use these MX Records for Hosted Exchange Email:
- Exchange 2007 — presmtp.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — presmtp.ex2.secureserver.net, presmtp.ex3.secureserver.net, or presmtp.ex4.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2007 — OWA.yourdomain.com pointed to mail.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — OWA.yourdomain.com pointed to mail.ex2.secureserver.net, mail.ex3.secureserver.net, or mail.ex4.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2007 — autodiscover.yourdomain.com pointed to autodiscoverredirect.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — autodiscover.yourdomain.com pointed to autodiscoverredirect.ex2.secureserver.net, autodiscoverredirect.ex3.secureserver.net, or autodiscoverredirect.ex4.secureserver.net
Viewing Your Email Login History
Applying Additional Disk Space to Email Addresses
How do I retrieve my email messages if I manage my DNS elsewhere?
Editing Your Email Address Settings
Upgrading or Downgrading Your Email Account Plan
Managing Advanced Settings in the Workspace Control Center