Workspace Email Account Limitations
The following limitations apply to Workspace Email accounts:
- Incoming Mail Size — There is a 30MB limit per email message you receive. Messages larger than 30MB are rejected by our incoming server and a bounceback message is sent to the sender. There is no limit on the number of email messages you can receive. You should also try to keep your inbox under 20,000 messages, as having so many could limit performance.
- Outgoing Mail Size (SMTP Relay) — There is a 30MB limit per email message that you send using SMTP, including file attachments, which have a size limit of 20MB total. Messages larger than 30MB are rejected by our outgoing server and you are notified.
NOTE: The receiving mail server may have different size restrictions. Many mail providers and ISPs will reject mail larger than 5-10 MB.
- SMTP relays — SMTP relays let you send emails through our servers using third-party clients, such as Microsoft Outlook®. To prevent spam, we limit our email accounts to 250 SMTP relays per day. This lets you send 250 emails from your email address on a daily basis.
- Emails per folder — No one folder can exceed 300,000 emails. If you're using IMAP with an email client like Outlook®, no folder can exceed 25,000 emails.
- Folders - An account cannot have more than 2,000 folders.
- Sent Mail Messages — To prevent spam, we limit the number of email recipients to whom you can send messages to 500 per day. There is a 200 per minute sending limitation as well as a 300 per hour sending limitation. Any distribution lists are expanded to their actual recipient lists and any duplicate addresses in a single email are removed. For additional information, please contact customer support.
- Outgoing Mail Size — There is a 30MB size limit per email message, which includes file attachments. Meaning, your message cannot exceed 30MB in size, including the size of your file attachments. File attachments have a size limit of 20MB total.
- Number of Addresses — There is a limit of 100 addresses on a single email message. The 100 addresses may be included in any combination of the To, CC, and BCC fields. If there are more than 100 total addresses, the Compose window shows an error and the message is not sent. You must revise the recipient list and then resend your message.
Counting recipients: WebBased Email expands any distribution lists and aliases to their actual recipients. Any duplicate addresses in the To, CC, and BCC fields are removed.
- Address Book — You can add up to 10,000 contacts to your Address Book.
- Address Book Importing — You can import up to 2,000 contacts at one time to your Address Book.
- Distribution Lists — You can add up to 100 contacts to a single distribution list.
Checking MX Records in the Workspace Control Center
Making Sense of Email Clients: Desktop and Mobile
Why does my email account show that it is Pending Setup: MX Error?
Why can't I see my ports in the Email Setup Center?
Why am I getting bouncebacks for messages I did not send?
What do I do if I have trouble connecting to my email account?