We keep your domains locked to keep them secure. Locked domain names cannot be transferred to another registrar or account. When you make changes to a domain's settings, such as updating nameservers or contact information, we automatically unlock and re-lock the domain name. To transfer your domain name, however, you must unlock it. For more information, see Transferring Domain Names to Another Registrar.
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
Which procedure you'll use next depends on the number of domains in your account:
6 Domains or Fewer
If your control panel doesn't look somewhat like the following example, go to the More than 6 Domains section of this article:
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Domain Settings.
- Under Additional Settings, click the Domain lock button to Off.
- To lock the domain again at any time, click the Domain lock button to On.
More than 6 Domains (i.e. 7 or More)
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- Under the Lock section, click Manage.
- Click Off, and then click Save.
- To lock the domain again at any time, click Manage, click On, then click Save.
NOTE: Allow up to 15 minutes for changes to complete.
How do I get an authorization code to transfer my domain name to you?
Unparking (Activating) Your Domain Name
Domain Name Transfer FAQ
Preparing to Transfer Domain Names to GoDaddy
Updating Your Domain Name Contact Information
Understanding Pending Transfers in the Domain Manager