Updating Your Domain Name Contact Information
It's important to keep your domain names' registrant, administrator, technical, and billing contact information (also known as your Whois information) updated at all times. We use this information to notify the pertinent contact of changes or requests for your domain names.
NOTE:We send .au transfer-related information to the registrant contact's email address as it displays in the Whois database.
You can enter different contact information for each of your domain names, or you can enter the same contact information for all of them.
You can update all four contact types at once (registrant, administrator, technical, and billing), or you can update them individually.
NOTE:If your domain name has privacy, see Updating Contact Information for Domain Names with Privacy for more information.
To Update Your Domain Name Contact Information
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
Which procedure you'll use depends on the number of domains in your account:
If your control panel doesn't look like the following example, go to the More than 6 Domains section of this article:
- Select the domain name you want to use, click (Settings) and select Update Contacts.
- Either click the link for the contact type you want to change or click Edit All Contacts.
- Enter the Contact, Address, Phone, and Email information you want to update, and then click OK.
If you change the Registrant's Contact information, read and select any of the following legal agreements that display:
- I certify that the organization listed above is the registrant and I am authorized to act on their behalf.
- I certify that I am either the individual named above or authorized to act on their behalf.
- I have read and agree to the terms and conditions below and understand that the domain name cannot be transferred within the next 60 days:
- Universal Terms of Service
- Domain Name Registration Agreement
- Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement
NOTE: The 60-day lock does not apply to .au domain names.