Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft IIS 5 & 6
Once you download the files, install the intermediate certificate to your Microsoft® IIS 5 or 6 server. You also can download the intermediate certificate from the repository.
Then, to complete the process, you must install the primary SSL certificate on your server.
To Install the Intermediate SSL Certificate
- Click Start , and then click Run...
- Type mmc, and then click OK. The Microsoft Management Console (Console 1) opens.
- From the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in... .
- Click Add.
- Select Certificates, and then click Add.
- Select Computer Account, and then click Next.
- Select Local Computer, then click Finish.
- Close the Add Standalone Snap-in window.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-ins window, click OK.
- In the Console 1 window, click + to expand the Certificates folder.
- Right-click the Intermediate Certification Authorities folder, mouse-over All Tasks, and then click Import.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse to find the certificate file.
- In the Open window, select *.p7b for the Files of type.
- Select the appropriate intermediate certificate file, and then click Open.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard window, click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store, and then click Browse.
- In the Select Certificate Store window, select Intermediate Certification Authorities, and then click OK.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next.
- Click Finish, and then click OK.
- Close the Console 1 window, and then click No to remove the console settings.
To Install the Primary SSL Certificate
- Click Start, select Administrative Tools, and then click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click + next to your local computer.
- Click + next to Web Sites.
- Right-click the website or host name for your certificate, and then click Properties.
- In the Default Web Site Properties window, click Directory Security.
- Click Server Certificate, and then click Next.
- In the IIS Certificate Wizard window, select Process the pending request and install the certificate, and then click Next.
- Click Browse.
- In Open window, select All files (*.*) for Files of type:, select your .crt file, and then click Open.
- In the IIS Certificate Wizard window, click Next.
- Enter the port you want your website to use, and then click Next.
- Verify the Certificate Summary, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Your SSL Certificate is installed. Visit your website with HTTPS to verify the installation. If you have problems, see Where can I get information about my SSL's configruation? to help diagnose issues.
NOTE:As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products.
Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft IIS 8
Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Installing an SSL Certificate on the Primary IP in Parallels Plesk Panel
Generating a CSR and Installing an SSL Certificate in Tomcat 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x
Installing an SSL Certificate - Lighttpd
Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010