Upgrading to Web Hosting from Classic Hosting
If you currently use a Classic hosting account, you can upgrade it for free to a Web Hosting account, which offers improved performance. For more information, see Web Hosting Frequently Asked Questions.
NOTE: When migrating to a Web Hosting account, you cannot switch your hosting account's operating system. However, after the account migrates, you can switch it.
To Upgrade to Web Hosting
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Click Options or Upgrades next to the domain name you want to use.
- Go to the Customize tab.
- From the Plan menu, select the new Web Hosting plan you want to use. You'll know which plans these are because they display as [Plan Level] Web Hosting [Operating System].
- Click Save Changes.
- Complete any necessary purchases.
If the option to upgrade to Web Hosting is not available, confirm the options below:
- Are FrontPage Extensions® enabled? If so, you must disable them to upgrade. For more information, see Installing and Uninstalling FrontPage Extensions.
- Does the account have any Access databases? If so, you must remove them from the account to upgrade. For more information, see Removing Databases from Your Hosting Account.
- Are there any MSSQL 2005 Databases setup currently? If so, you need to update these to upgrade. For more information, see Upgrading a MySQL or MSSQL Database.
- Is the account using IIS6? If so, it must be upgraded to IIS7 before upgrading. For more information, see, Upgrading Your Windows Hosting Account to IIS 7.
- Is SSH enabled? If it's not, enabling it can migrate your account to a Web Hosting-compatible account. For more information, see Enabling SSH on Your Linux Shared Hosting Account.
To find product information, please see our hosting page.