Installing Joomla on Your Hosting Account
Joomla!® is a personal publishing platform, or content management system, that you can use to set up a website.
NOTE: This process does not work for free hosting accounts and secondary or aliased domain names on Windows® hosting accounts. You must manually install Joomla! with these types of hosting accounts.
To Install Joomla on Your Hosting Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Web Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Manage.
- Click Popular Apps.
- In the search field, type joomla, and then click Search.
- Click the version of Joomla! you want to install.
- Click Install Now.
NOTE: The Install Now button displays only when the selected application is compatible with one or more hosting plans in your account.
- Select the domain name you want to use.
- If don't have a GoDaddy Support profile, enter a display name, agree to the Support terms of service, and then click Next.
- Enter a database description and password, and then click Next.
- Choose an installation directory, and then click Next.
NOTE: To install Joomla in your root directory, leave this field empty.
- Enter the Admin Name, Admin Password, and Email for your Joomla installation.
- Click Finish.
Joomla will be installed to your hosting account with the options you selected. When it is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
Upgrading Your WordPress Installation to a New Version
Checking Joomla! Databases for Malicious Users
Hosting Quick-Install Applications Management Made Easier
How to Install Drupal 8 Beta on cPanel Using Installatron
Fixing Permalink Issues with WordPress
WordPress Compromise: Spam Content