Adding Flash Intros in Website Builderv6
NOTE: This article is for Website Builder version 6. Your version displays at the top of the screen when you log in to your Website Builder account. Not using version 6? Search for Website Builder version 7 articles.
You can add a Flash® introduction to your Website Builder website by selecting one from our library, editing the properties of an existing Flash introduction, or uploading your own Flash introduction.
To Add a Flash Intro in Website Builder
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- If you are working in the Page Designer, click Exit Designer.
- From the Add-Ons menu, select Flash Intro.
- To upload your own flash file, select Upload custom Flash file, click Browse, select and open a SWF file, and then click Upload File.
- To select a flash file from our library, select Apply pre-built intro, and then do the following:
- From the Category menu, select a category, and then select the template you want to use.
- To preview the template, click either Update Preview or Preview in New Window.
- Click the Properties tab, and then do the following:
- In the Page title field, enter the title your want to display for your intro page online.
- From the Background Color section, click the color picker, select the background color you want to use, and then click OK.
- In the Google® Meta tag name field, enter your Google Meta tag name.
- In the Google® Meta tag content field, enter your Google Meta tag content.
NOTE: For more information about generating the Meta tag content and verifying your site with Google®, see the "To Generate Meta Tag Content From Google® Webmaster Tools" and "To Verify the Site" sections in Configuring Google® Webmaster Tools.
- In the Text line 1 field, enter the text you want to use on the Flash intro. For example, you might want to enter your website title.
- In the Text line 2 field, enter additional text you want to use on the Flash intro. For example, you might want to enter your website tag line.
- To change the default Enter Site text that displays below the Flash intro, in the Enter Site text field, enter the text you want to use.
- To loop the Flash intro, select Continuously loop Flash intro until user clicks to enter site check box.
- Click the Music tab, and then do one of the following:
- To upload an audio file, click Browse, select and open the audio file you want to use, and then click Upload.
- To use an audio file from our library, select Select audio on file, and then select a file from the list. You can listen to the audio file by clicking the Play icon.
- To use an MP3 file from another website, select Enter the URL to the MP3 File, and then enter the URL for the file.
- Click Save.
- To turn off a flash intro, click the Flash Intro tab, select None selected, and then click Save.
To see your changes online, you must publish your website.