Getting Started with Website Builder v7
NOTE: This article is for Website Builder version 7. Your version displays at the top of the screen when you log in to your Website Builder account. Not using version 7? Search Website Builder version 6 articles.
You need to get online, and we're here to help. Website Builder v7 comes with easy-to-use website building tools that don't require technical skills or coding experience. Select from hundreds of professional themes with placeholder content and images and get your business online in less than 5 minutes.
To Get Started with Website Builder v7
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Click Website Builder/InstantPage to see your website accounts.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Select a domain from your account, enter a domain name registered elsewhere, or create a sub-domain using a domain in your account for your website, and then click OK.
NOTE: If your account was auto-setup, you can skip this step.
- Locate the theme you want to use for your website, and then click Select Theme. (If you hover your pointer over the thumbnail image
and click Full Screen, you can get a better look at the theme's design.)
NOTE: Each theme has pluses and minuses, and it may take a couple of days before you know if it fits your needs. While you can change your theme at any time, none of the text and images you've added will be preserved. To avoid starting from scratch if you switch themes, you may want to "test drive" a theme with a minimum of your own text and images until you're sure about it.
- On the Get Established page, enter your business name and contact email address. Optionally, you can add other information that will help us get your business found by your customers:
- Business category: Select the category that best describes your kind of business.
- Address: This makes it easy to generate a map of your location and help your listing appear in location-driven search results.
- Phone: You can enter your current business phone number. Or you can click Get one to order an extra cost toll-free number that connects customers to your existing number. (This cloud-based phone service is provided by MightyCall, a GoDaddy partner. If you need MightyCall support, email them or call 1-888-256-8312.)
- Connect social: You can also connect your Facebook and/or Twitter account to your website.