Customizing Your Navigation Menus with Website Builder v7
NOTE: This article is for Website Builder version 7. Your version displays at the top of the screen when you log in to your Website Builder account. Not using version 7? Search for Website Builder version 6 articles.
Website Builder v7 lets you customize how your website's menu navigation links display, including their style, orientation, and alignment. Also see Organizing Pages With Navigation Menus in Website Builder v7 to learn how to reorder menus and add submenus.
To Customize Page Navigation Menus with Website Builder v7
- Log in to your Website Builder account.
- Click Edit Site.
NOTE: If your website does not yet have a navigation menu, get started by dragging the Navigation tool from the left-hand toolbar onto any page.
- Click near the edge your website's menu/navigation pane and click Settings. (Avoid clicking on a specific link; that will take you to the specific page.)
- In the Navigation Settings window, use the Options section to:
- Select to display your navigation links in a Horizontal Menu or a Vertical Menu.
- From the Button Alignment menu, select how you want your navigation buttons to line up within the navigation area.
- From the Text Alignment menu, select how you want the text on your navigation buttons to line up within each button.
- Click Equal Width to turn on/off equal spacing for your navigation buttons.
NOTE: Changing the font and size of the text in your navigation does not affect the font and size of the text in the submenus. You cannot change the submenu font.
NOTE: Click Advanced to specify a color using Hex, RGB or HSV values.
NOTE: For a linked list of Website Builder v7's other major tasks, see Using Website Builder v7.
Adding a Favicon with Website Builder v7
Adding HTML Code to a Page in Website Builder v7
Changing Themes with Website Builder v7
Adding an Audio Player in Website Builder v7
Moving Content from Your Website Builder v6 Site to v7
Using Keyboard Commands in Website Builder v7