Renewing Your SSL Certificate
Renewing your SSL is a multiple-step process that varies depending on your certificate type and where you host your website. Even if your SSL auto-renewed, you must still apply the renewal credit and complete a renewal request through your account.
You can purchase and apply SSL renewals during a 90-day renewal window: 60 days prior to the expiration date through 30 days past the expiration date.
For example, if your certificate expires June 15, you must purchase and apply the renewal credit between April 15 and July 15.
After you purchase the renewal credit or your SSL auto-renews, you must apply the credit to your expiring SSL and complete the renewal request. If the SSL expires and you do not complete the renewal request within the 90-day renewal window, the previously-secured website will display an error message.
To Renew Your SSL Certificate
- Log into your Account Manager.
- Click SSL Certificates.
- Do one of the following:
- To purchase a renewal credit, click Renew, and then click Checkout. Complete the transaction for your renewal, and then return to your list of common names.
- If the billing for your renewal already completed, skip to the next step.
- Next to the account you want to use, click Manage.
- Select the option which you want to use for requesting your renewed certificate, and then click Request Certificate.
Any additional steps we require display on this page.
After your renewed SSL certificate is issued, install it on your website:
- If you selected a domain hosted with us when you requested your renewal, we automatically install your certificate.
- If you provided a CSR (certificate signing request), check your email from us for further information about installing the renewed certificate on your server. You must download and install both certificate files. See Installing an SSL: Server Instructions for installation instructions.
SSL Certificate Renewal - Apache 1.3 / 2.x
SSL Certificate Renewal - Parallels Plesk Panel
Phasing out Intranet Names and IP Addresses in SSLs
Verifying Your Domain Ownership for SSL Certificate Requests (HTML or DNS)
Installing and Configuring a Digital Certificate on Mac OS X Server 10.6
Installing an SSL Certificate in Microsoft IIS 7