Have questions about what products and services are eligible for a refund? We've got your answers below!
Here are our Standard Terms for products and services eligible for a refund:
- You may request a full refund within 45 days of purchase for annual products.
NOTE: Annual renewals during or after one-month free trials are eligible for refunds for only 15 days from the end of the free trial, i.e. 45 days from the beginning of the free trial.
- You may request a refund within 48 hours of purchase for monthly products.
- After 45 days, you may request an in-store credit for any unused time remaining on your annual plan. Unused time will be prorated based on the date of purchase.
- In no event will you be eligible for more than one refund for the same product.
- A product must be cancelled before we can issue a refund.
- All refund requests must include the reason you are asking for a refund and whether you want an In-store Credit.
- In the event your purchased product includes a free domain name, if you cancel the purchased product, the standard price for the domain name will be deducted from the refund amount.
Products & Services Available for Refund Under Standard Terms:
- Business Registration
- Certified Domains
- Domain Backorders
- Domain Transfers
NOTE: .eu transfers are an exception. EURid charges a non-refundable transfer fee. If the transfer fails for any reason, the customer must start over and pay the transfer fee again. .es transfers are also non-refundable.
- Express Email Marketing®
- Fax Thru Email
- Get Found
- Get Paid
- Hosting (all plans)
- Office 365
- Online Bookkeeping
- Online Storage
- Photo Album
- Quick Shopping Cart®
- Reseller Accounts
- Search Engine Visibility
- Website Protection
- Website Builder
Products with Special Refund Terms:
- Ad Spend. For SEV Premium, the ad spend and search marketing fees are non-refundable for the current month. We may refund future pre-paid months and future-month additional ad spend and search marketing fees.
- Assisted Service. Refundable after the initial three months.
- Domains by Proxy®. Refundable if domain name attached to DBP is canceled within five days of purchase. Auto-renews are refundable if service is canceled within 30 days of renewal.
- New Domain Name Registrations (including .DONUTS). Refundable if canceled and processed within five days of registration (120 hours).
- gTLD Pre-Registrations. For gTLD pre-registrations, application fees are non-refundable.
- Discount Domain Club. The standard refund terms apply unless it was used since its purchase or last renewal, in which case it is non-refundable.
For more information on pre-registration refunds with .DONUTS, see DONUTS gTLD Pre-Reg Refunds and Auctions.
NOTE: Application fees for specialty TLDs (like .jobs and .xxx) are non-refundable.
The following ccTLDs have different refund timeframes:
- .cn, .com.cn, .net.cn, .org.cn — 15 days
- .me — two days
- .mx, .com.mx — 45 days
- .com.tw, .org.tw, .idv.tw — four days
NOTE: We do not support refunds upon cancellation for other ccTLDs at this time (registration, auto-renewal and manual renewal).
Domain Name Auto Renewal
For one-year renewals, refundable if canceled within 45 days after expiration (not necessarily within 45 days after renewal). For multiple years, refundable if canceled within five days of the renewal date. The ICANN fee is only refundable within 5 days of renewing a domain name. In the event you purchase a product that includes a free domain name, if you cancel the product, the standard price for the domain name will be deducted from the refund amount.
Domain Name Manual Renewals
Refundable if canceled within five days of manual renewal.
Auction Featured Listings
Refundable during first 24 hours if there are no bids.
GoDaddy Auctions® Additional Categories.
Refundable during the first 48 hours if there are no bids.
- Premium DNS. Refundable within the first five days of purchase.
- Protected Registration. Refundable within the first five days of purchase.
- SSL Certificates and Renewals. All SSL's, issued or unissued, may be refunded in full, following revocation, within 45 days of the original purchase date. After 45 days, issued or unissued, remaining years may be refunded to In Store Credit.
Unissued renewal certificates may be cancelled and refunded (to In Store Credit or original payment method) for up to 12 months after the renewal billing date.
Products Not Available for Refunds:
- Appraisals. Express and Certified Appraisals are non-refundable if the customer already applied the credit.
- Change of Account Domain. Once a domain has gone through the change of account process, it is no longer eligible for a refund.
- Domain Monitoring
- Domain Buy Service
- Expert Services
- Professional Web Design Services
- Auction Memberships
- Hosting Connection paid Apps. Once set up, not refundable.
- Merchant Accounts
- Office Max Bundles
- Hosting Services (Expert Services, custom support, etc.)
- Premium Domain Names
- Domain Auctions
- Redemption Fees
- Email relays
Products (particularly domain names) must be canceled before we can process a refund in almost every situation.